Vastu Shastra for Home
Building Planning as per Vastu Shastra are describe as:-
Building Planning as per Vastu Shastra in which include all parameter like Socio-economic,environmental, physical, Architecture, Finance etc
(i) Planning aspects including socio-economic, institution, physical and environment planning.
(ii) Architecture and engineering aspects.
(iii) Finance and management aspects.
The main object of planning is to arrange various units of a building on all floors and at level depending upon their specific requirements making best use of the space available for a building. The shape of the plan depends upon climatic conditions, site locations, local bye-laws, environment conditions etc.
The doors and windows which permit the occupants to enjoy natural gifts such as sunshine, scenery, breeze etc. are required to be arrange systematically as below:-
- Verandahs – W (West) or S (South) – W (West)
- Bed rooms – W (West) or S (South) – W (west)
- Store, class room, Studio, Stair etc – N (North)
- Dinning room – S (South)
- Kitchen – E (East)
- Drawing and Living room, Kitchen – Morning sun would refresh and purify the air and keep it cool during day.
- Drawing and Dining – Sun is towards south during winter and more deviate toward north during summer.
- Bed rooms – Breeze requires in summer will be available from west side only.
- Verandah – Building is to be protect from the hot afternoon sun.
- Store, stair, reading room etc – No direct sun from the north and only diffuse light will be available.
Another aspects in planning is privacy i.e. of one room from another and privacy of all building parts from the neighbouring buildings, public streets etc. One more aspect is grouping of various rooms e.g. dinning room must be close to the kitchen and at the same time, kitchen should be away from drawing room and living room.
Doors, windows, cup-boards should not cross-cut the room area and obstruct the placing of furniture etc. They should be arranged in such a way that utility, liability, privacy etc. are not adversely affected.